Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend...

So, I can't believe I went all weekend without blogging! Well, actually I can. Daniel's family was in town for the weekend so we were busy with them, and I actually got sick this weekend and did nothing but lie around in bed after dinner on Saturday. I would have laid in bed all day Sunday, but it was the Primary program in our ward and, since I'm in the presidency, I wanted to be there to support the kids. But I was back in bed right after church. Today I'm feeling better, thank goodness! Being sick is the worst! However, lying around did give me the time to finish Northanger Abbey and I also started and finished Pride and Prejudice. I now understand why the latter book is so popular. I really enjoyed it and it is my favorite Austen novel that I have read so far (the others I've read are Emma and Northanger Abbey). However, I still prefer the Bronte sisters. Anyway, I did get to go to the Magpies grand opening. We took Daniel's family there after dinner and it was delicious! Sorry, to all of you who missed it. For all of you coming to the book club next week, I plan on serving some Magpies!

6 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Love the Bronte sisters! Sorry to hear you were sick. But I'm glad you're feeling better! I was so bummed we missed Magpies! We were out of town visiting Joey's family. I've got to go by & check it out sometime!

Amber said...

Glad you are on the mend! Try Mansfield Park, it's one of my favorite Austen's!

Laura said...

Surely you are not just now reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time! That's so shameful! Look at what you've been missing out on. :)

erin said...

Yes, I am just now reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time. I just never really got into Austen or the Bronte sisters until now. Better late than never. I have seen seeral films based on the book over the years. Does that count?

erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea said...

I just finished Persuasion again. So good!