Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama wins!

I was excited when, at 11:00, NBC announced that Obama had won the election. Although, as I mentioned earlier, I believe both men to have been good candidates, Obama does give me the most hope for the future. I thought McCain's concession speech was very gracious and showed him to possess excellent character. I really wish he could have gotten the nomination eight years ago. I probably would have voted for him then. I also was glad to hear Obama talk of the challenges facing this country. It reassured me that he recognizes the difficulties he will face as president. My impression of him is that he is an optimistic realist, and I think that is an important quality for the president to possess at this time. So, I hope he will continue to inspire hope and that the next four years will be better than the previous four.

1 comment:

Katy Beth said...

I totally agree!! Yay!!