Friday, November 7, 2008

3 Rakes, 2 Boys, 1 Girl and a Leaf

While I was walking my dog Pi last night, I passed a house where 3 kids were outside raking leaves in the yard. The girl was the only one doing any actual raking while the two boys were using their rakes as swords to fight one another. The younger brother then started to hit the tree branches above him with the rake. The older boy said, "Stop doing that! You'll make more leaves fall down!". It's nice to see that the older boy was so concerned about his sister that he did not want to make her rake one extra leaf.

4 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

ok erin, be prepared to be over-invaded b/c i so love your blog. i love it all. so many things to say. finished northanger abbey today read jane eyre last month and loved them both. im hoping when i run check my calendar i see that today is nov. 7th so i can go to that grand opening thing. i voted for obama with a lot of the same opinions you expressed about mccain. i am super excited about the future and thinking its way cool to have a black president. im getting emotional every time i hear the civil rights activitist talk about what it means to them. sheesh sorry im writing so much. also i've talked to a few people who told me you were in to fabric designers? who? you met somebody in new york? so cool. let me know who and if you have a cheap way to get fabric...hook a fellow fan up! anything else... i don't think so. like i said before way cool blog! oh and finn is an absolute doll in a cool and hip masculine sorta way. we gotta get together!

Laura said...

Hey Erin! I just found your blog and I thought I would say hi! You are so cute! I hope everything is going great. Finn is adorable!!!!

Sara said...

Erin, I'm so glad I found you, I will add you to the blogs I follow. check out our family blog it's
www.the-ins-hyder.blogspot.com

The Quayles said...

Erin, it's a good thing you're addicted because I'm going to be coming all the time to see your blog! I loved it! I wish I had checked my computer earlier I would have gone to Magpies and eaten the cake. . . I guess now we'll just have to go and buy some either way I really am craving some cake now! Can't wait for the 18th! I go to work tomorrow, but I'll be home on Thursday if you're interested in the zoo, or maybe some cake.