Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm back!

Well, it's been awhile since I've blogged, as you may have noticed. I can't believe it's been a whole month almost! However, I'm now well rested and ready to return to the world of blogging. For my first post, I'll be playing catch up. We brought in the new year with our dear friends Manasseh and Lachelle. We miss them so much and wish they didn't live so far away in a land called Utah. Also to bring in the the new year , we decided it was time for Finn to get his first haircut. Daniel was his stylist.

So, Finn is now clean cut and no longer has the beginnings of a mullet. He was starting to look a little scraggly, but I kind of miss shaggy Finn.

Here we are at the Red Robin in Chattanooga on our way home from spending Christmas in Lucedale, MS with Daniel's family. He loved that balloon.

This is a picture that Daniel's sister Carmen took of Finn and his two cousins Ladner and Taite. She takes great pictures. This one is one of my favorites just because it makes me laugh.

Here's Finn cracking up at his cousins' shenanigans (is that how you spell that?).

My two sleepy boys on Christmas morning.


Here's Finn at the Ader's house playing around while I try to get pictures to send out in Christmas cards. Valerie and Ben did a great job trying to help me get Finn to smile. I don't know why he didn't want to smile. He's always smiling. This is the second year in a row that the Ader Christmas tree has been my background because we haven't put up a tree of our own. We have a fake tree and plenty of ornaments, but I haven't seen the need to put it up when we just go out of town for Christmas every year. Also, I didn't want to keep Finn out of it every day. Maybe next year we'll put it up since Finn will know a little more about what's going on.

I just thought this picture was cute.

Pre-Christmas: Since there was no tree to get into, Finn has to resort to playing with his favorite blocks (Thanks Ashlee!).

So, now we're all caught up. I hope all of you had a wonderful time during the holidays. Next on my to do list is to read everyone else's blogs to see what you guys have been up to, so I'm sure I'll read all about your holiday experiences then!

3 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I stumbled on your blog and couldn't resist lingering! Finn is a handsome little boy. I hope you are doing well. Take care.

Katy Beth said...

So cute! I'm glad ya'll had a nice Christmas. We missed you in the blogging world.

Marla said...

Oh hi!! Finn is getting so big. I miss you guys being in our ward. :(