Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009




I am not a very organized person. I'm getting better as the years go by, but I've still got a ways to go. One of the only ways I stay organized is to write on a wall calendar hanging in my kitchen. Last year Daniel's parents gave us a photo calendar, which I loved. However, at the end of December, of course, the calendar stopped. I began making plans, but had no where to write them down. I started to worry. I thought I would start standing up friends for lunch, miss visiting teaching appointments and presidency meetings, and get kicked out of Finn's doctor's office for missing too many appointments. I needed a calendar fast. I was going to just go out and buy a calendar, but I don't want to spend $15 on a calendar - Daniel and I can go to the movies for that. So, I decided to make a calendar myself. I'm not particularly crafty, but I like the way it turned out - simple and easy. It's kind of minimalist, but I like that. I just used some card stock, binder rings, photos, and fabric scraps. I really like the texture that the fabric gives to the calendar.


7 comments:

Amber said...

It looks great Erin! I love it!

Katy Beth said...

I totally agree. I'm more than a little lost without my planner. Everyone completely knows when I'm without it lol

What a good idea though. It's adorable & I love it!!

nbarnes2 said...

i love the orange fabric and the picture on the orange fabric.

The Quayles said...

That is a great idea! I realized last week I needed a new one, I may have to try and make one. . . we'll see, I do think yours is great!

Unknown said...

I would die without my fridge calendar...I never make a commitment without consulting it first.

Yours is cuter than mine. Mine is just a report plastic binding with magnet on the back and a printed Word template....wha la.

Laura said...

That's a great idea. So cute!

mer said...

cute erin. love the idea.