Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Work Christmas Party

So, I know I don't work outside of the home anymore, but I still refer to my old place of employment as "work". Today they had their annual Christmas party, and Finn and I crashed it (not really, we were invited). Of course Finn cannot stand still, so I was chasing him all over while trying to eat. I tried to keep him from discovering the stairs because all he wants to do is climb stairs if he can find him. I was successful in that endeavor thank goodness. However, he did get into the big ice cooler. I found him playing in it - picking the ice out of the cooler, placing it on the floor, and then putting it back in the cooler again. I'm sure they just cleaned the carpet, right? Although I can't vouch for the cleanliness of Finn's hands... He was also putting his hands all in the cup they had put in the ice to use as a scoop to keep everyone from putting their dirty hands or cups into the ice. One of my work friends saw this and said, "Oh it's ok. It's just baby hands". I'm glad at least she felt that way because I didn't stop Finn from playing in the ice - it was keeping him busy while I hit the dessert table. I figured he was cute enough to get away with it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

lol...Funny thing is, I did the same thing at a PTA meeting recently. They had put out coolers full of drinks for the parents and Derrick kept himself occupied by running up to the front and stealing ice every 10 seconds. It was rather disturbing to those running the meeting, but I didn't care. Derrick wasn't screaming and that was the most important thing...right?

The Quayles said...

I love it! I'm pretty sure Finn is cute enough to get away with anything! Book club is still a go! I can't wait, I have to call you but things have been super crazy around our house. Love your blog!

Katina Angola said...

Just wait till he takes off running full speed right towards a busy intersection and your in high heels and a skirt.