Friday, May 15, 2009

South American Adventure Part 4 - Colonia, Uruguay

We spent Saturday and Sunday in Colonia, Uruguay. It is a small town on the Uruguayan coast across from Argentina. It was were we got to relax. We never needed a map and it was so beautiful just to stroll around the old city and to look out over the water. We enjoyed the slower pace and were glad to spend 2 days here.

On the coast at sunset.

A lot of the houses here had flowering trees and shrubs like these around the doorways. I wish I could do this around my door. Most of this post will be just pictures. We basically walked and ate all day (and shopped some too).





This is the building for the small branch in Colonia and where we went to church on Sunday. Everyone was so friendly - maybe it was because they thought we were sister missionaries! All the women came and kissed us on the cheek and they tried to talk to us even if they knew very little English. It would be nice to serve a mission in this area. I would love to get to spend a few months in Colonia. The Branch President and his wife were actually missionaries from Utah or Idaho, I forget. Maybe Daniel and I can serve here someday...

3 comments:

Katina Angola said...

that is so exciting, I love the south americans

Amber said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you shared your adventure. It sounds amazing!

mary said...

Erin, it looks like you're having a great trip! Thanks for sharing all the photos and stories. I have yet to make it to South America--you'll have to let me know where you suggest are the best places to explore!