Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My wonderful weekend

What's behind this door? Only the best birthday present ever - my sewing/craft room!

This is my sewing table...

and this is my cutting table (sorry, it got put in the post turned the wrong way and I'm too lazy to fix it). I'm so excited! Now whenever I want to sew I don't have to drag everything to the dining table to do it. I just love it! Thanks Daniel! I also have a rotary cutter, mat ,and rulers that should be arriving any day now. Yay!

I turned 30 on Monday and it was a wonderful day. One of the best birthdays ever. Daniel left me a card that he designed on the table to greet me when I awoke. Then I had lunch at the Pizza Kitchen (one of my favorite places to eat) with Desi, Ashlee, and Natalie and all of our kids. It was so much fun! Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures.

Then, I got a wonderful surprise in the afternoon. Two of my dearest friends, Whitney and Kavita, drove all the way from Nashville to spend time with me on my birthday. They are so awesome! I've been friends with them for almost 12 years now. We became instant friends when we all met at freshman orientation at UT in the summer of 1997. They are the best. The picture above is one of the gifts they brought me. It's an iguana punchball. Who comes up with this stuff? Although I have to admit, it's probably the most unique gift I've ever gotten.

Here's a picture of Kavita, Whitney, and I at Chez Guevara (another favorite place to eat). We went there for my birthday dinner.
Finn, Daniel, and my brother Daniel were there also. All in all, I had a wonderful day spent with friends and family (and a cake from Magpies). It was the perfect birthday. I had so much fun turning 30. I also had a wonderful Valentine's Day. My very wonderful friend Kristie babysat Finn and actually kept him overnight! Thank you Kristie! So, Daniel and I got to go out and do what we love to do most on a cold, winter evening (or really any evening) - the always exciting dinner and a movie. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants, Stir Fry Cafe, and then went to see Coraline in 3D. We both enjoyed it and were impressed with the new 3D technology. I always love going out with Daniel because I always have so much fun. It doesn't matter what we do. I just enjoy his company so much and am so glad to be married to him. Yes, I had a very wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

The Quayles said...

What a happy day! I'm so glad I got to see you for part of it! I should be receiving your present in 3-5 days I hope you didn't already get it! Anyway I'm so glad you had fun! It's sure to be a wonderful year with such a great start!

Katy Beth said...

So glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! It does sounds wonderful!

Beth said...

YAY ERIN, I am so happy you had a great birthday! And so jealous of your craft room. I also love love love the pic of you and Finn!!!

Laura said...

Happy 30th! Sounds like you had fun. On my 30th, John had already been relocated to TX and I was still living in UT waitint to close on our house in TX. I went to the children's museum with Amy Hyde and John's parents took my out to dinner. It was kind of depressing. I want to do it again! Glad you got to have fun with your hubby, friends, brother, and cutie pie little boy.

Laura said...

Oh so much to comment: Love the sewing room, you have such a sweet husband, and your birthday sounds awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.

Katina Angola said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!! Sounds like it was great!

nbarnes2 said...

i had so much fun with y'all on monday. i am so jealous of your craft room! my sewing room reforms back into an office when my projects are done and its theres not even enough room to keep the iron in there! eek!

Marla said...

YEA!! Glad you had a great birthday! Love the sewing room!

andrea said...

Your sewing room is awesome!