Monday, January 25, 2010

Until now...


So, it has been awhile since I updated my blog, and I could make a bunch of excuses but I won't. Since my last post, we have celebrated Halloween (Finn was both Superman and a zebra this year); in mid-November I found out I was pregnant (I'm due July 27); we spent Thanksgiving with Daniel's family in Mississippi; and we spent Christmas with my family in Memphis. I can now play the guitar pretty decently and have started piano lessons. I have read Anna Karenina and David Copperfield (both excellent books that you should read if you haven't already) and have started on Atlas Shrugged. I don't know why I have wanted to read books that are over 700 pages long lately. I have bought girl's clothing for the new baby even though I won't know the sex until March 10th. I just couldn't resist. They were on clearance and so cute, but I can still return them if it's a boy. Finn is talking and talking and talking and also got to build his first snowman at the beginning of December. I'm doing great now that I'm at the end of my first trimester and am no longer nauseated. The holidays weren't so great though, as far as feeling sick goes. Oh and Daniel gets to go to Italy for work at the end of April, and I'm so jealous. I'm happy for him because he has never been out of the country before, but oh how I love Italy. It is one of my favorite places on earth. Also, I wanted to be the one to be with Daniel on his first adventure on foreign soil and especially his first Italian adventure! Oh, well. C'est la vie. I can't complain though. Life is good, and I have a lot of fun things planned for myself before the baby gets here.

10 comments:

Beth said...

ERIN I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! Not only did you update your blog, but you're pregnant too!! :) SO I am in Sevierville and we need to get together!

Laura said...

Yay! I'm excited about your little one! I'm glad you're feeling better!

nbarnes2 said...

yeah! i'm so excited that you're pregnant. i was suspicious after your comment on my blog but didn't want to make any assumptions. LOVE david copperfield! i seriously debated the name agnes for a girl after that book but everybody who hasn't read it doesn't like it. but oh to be an angel always pointing upward! inspiring. anyway. congrats! and just so that you're absolutely the first to know, i'm on the computer at 6:42 waiting for my contractions to get close enough together to go to the hospital! yipee! i haven't told anybody else (b/c its early)

Amber said...

Congratulations Erin! Let's have lunch to celebrate! Mmmm... lunch! Also, I'd love to discuss Atlas Shrugged. Anna Karenina is sitting lonely at my bedside as I haven't been able to convince myself to pick it up... Why certain books intimidate me I'll never know! I'm glad you are feeling well. Let's really get together, I'd love to see and hear Finn and his big vocabulary too!

andrea said...

You are preggers! That's wonderful!!!! And even better I'll be living back in Maryville probably in time to take cute pregnant pictures of you! And make a baby quilt!! Hopefully if beth is still in Sevierville in the summer we can all get together again. :)
I've read Anna Karenina, but not david copperfield or atlas shrugged. When I move back we need to have a book group every so often.

Unknown said...

COngratulations..hadn't even heard teh news through the grapevine yet. Wonderful. I hope it's a girl. I always hope it's a girl. Girls are the best.

You should go to Italy with Daniel. Really.

Donna said...

Yeah! Keep the posts commming girlie!

Lindsey Rose said...

Glad you are back to postin, Not like I am very good at it either though! That is sad about Italy, you should go, i agree with Alice! It was so fun talking to you the other day!

Katina Angola said...

Congrats on the new baby!!

Marla said...

So excited about the new addition! Little boys are so much fun!!!! :)